9thCO is a full in-house digital agency that provides a spectrum of services to our clients across North America. Located on Spadina Avenue, steps from King Street West, we’re a passionate group of thinkers, big on innovation and even bigger on supporting the career growth of our staff.
Understanding the importance of a work / life balance, but showing deep commitment to our clients, 9thCO’s environment supports cutting-edge problem solvers with a dedication to their subject matter expertise, while also understanding great work leads to rewarding results.
About The Position
9thCO is looking for someone who is responsible, well organized and self-motivated to join our team as a Content Writer. As a digital agency that is focused on doing it right, this individual will proactively manage a wide variety of projects including articles, headlines, website copy, ads, proposals for clients in many different industries.
- B.A. or MFA in English, Communications (or similar equivalent)
- 2+ years of previous copywriting experience in a digital marketing capacity.
- Mastery of the English language in terms of both verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Expert knowledge in programs including (but not limited to); Google Office Apps, MS Office
- Experience working with at least one current Content Management System (WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, etc.)
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
- Must be seeking a one year minimum, full-time employment.
Strongly preferred, but not required:
- Experience using the basic reporting features and functionality of Google Analytics, Google Data Studio.
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMRush that enhance the content process.
- Familiarity with beginner/intermediate Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Pay-Per-Click (PPC) or web development is a plus.
- Create and manage content calendars for clients (articles, blog posts, features, Google My Business posts).
- Manage freelance writer(s) who help produce content for the agency.
- Create ad copy for PPC campaigns (eg: Google Ads, Facebook, etc).
- Proofreading copy on an ad-hoc basis to support other departments as needed.
- Conduct research, outreach for special projects such as infographics, content marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate the uploading, scheduling, publication and sharing of completed content.
- Assist in conducting keyword research and make use of SEO best practices to optimize content.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise with content marketing / SEO / PPC and stay on top with industry trends and best practices.
- Proofread, edit and make revisions to content from other writers and departments
- Other related duties.
- Sense of humor
- Good work ethic
- Flexible and determined
- Attention to detail
- Takes ownership
Think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch!
How to Apply:
Please email hr@9thCO.com with your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
9thCO is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.