Data Warehouse Architect
9thCO is a full in-house digital marketing agency that provides a spectrum of services to our clients across North America. Located in Toronto on Spadina Avenue, steps from King West, we’re a passionate group of thinkers, big on innovation and even bigger on supporting the career growth of our staff.
Understanding the importance of a work / life balance, but showing deep commitment to our clients, 9thCO’s environment supports smart workers with dedication to their subject matter expertise, while also understanding great work leads to rewarding results.
About The Position
9thCO seeks an experienced Data Warehouse Architect with strong Google Cloud Platform knowledge and experience. The Data Warehouse Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement data warehouses, data marts, and data stores while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for defining data standards and models for warehouse architectures.
This role will include specification of a proprietary platform, development of 9thCO’s Data Warehousing service offering, and eventually team management.
Strategy & Planning:
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for data warehousing in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Plan and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure data warehouse scalability.
- Data communication with various stakeholders.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Conduct research and make recommendations on data warehouse structures, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, recommend, and select data warehouse components, including hardware, database management systems, ETL software, data mining tools, and metadata management tools.
- Oversee data collection and master data and database(s).
- Work with end users to identify, create, and deliver reports according to requirements.
- Create models for new data warehouse development or changes to existing data stores.
- Design and manage data warehouse improvement and growth projects.
- Identify inefficiencies and gaps in current data warehouses and leverage solutions to ensure data standards.
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Diagnose and resolve data warehouse access and performance issues.
- Install and configure relevant components to ensure data warehouse access.
- Execute data warehouse configuration and performance tuning.
- Monitor system details within the data warehouse, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data systems.
Formal Education & Certification:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Relational Database Design, Cloud Data Architecture (specifically Google BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, Google Dataflow, Google Data Studio), Python.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte data warehouses.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- In-depth technical knowledge of platform operating systems, including the products within the Google Cloud Marketing stack.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Proven project management experience.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage and mentor a growing team.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch!
How to Apply
Please email hr@9thCO.com with your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
9thCO is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.