Sr. SEO Specialist
9thCO is a full in-house digital agency that provides a spectrum of services to our clients across North America. Located on Spadina Avenue, steps from King West, we’re a passionate group of thinkers, big on innovation and even bigger on supporting the career growth of our staff. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team.
Understanding the importance of a work / life balance, but showing deep commitment to our clients, 9thCO’s environment supports smart workers with dedication to their subject matter expertise, while also understanding great work leads to rewarding results.
About The Position
9thCO seeks a seasoned Sr. SEO Specialist. This unique role must be skilled at enhancing client relationships with deep understanding of SEO.
The challenge (which we know you can take on!) will be demonstrating out-of-the-box thinking towards client work, seeking to understand the changes within SEO as they relate to a global FinTech audience, Furniture (Retail & Commercial), Manufacturing and Tech.
This applicant will need strong communication and team coordination skills, have a proactive attitude to anticipate the needs of clients, and strong project management skills.
- Firm understanding to execute in SEO: both on-site and off-site.
- Firm understanding of how SEO and SEM is leveraged to achieve business goals
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and other tools including but not limited to; Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Google Data Studio, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mastery of the English language.
- Basic/introductory understanding of financial markets, retail and commercial furniture, manufacturing and technology industries.
- Minimum four years experience working in a digital environment as an SEO, Project Manager or Account Manager.
- Understanding of data analysis/ability to generate and evaluate data and derive meaningful insights.
- Extraordinary attention to detail with a customer service mindset.
- High level of maturity and confidence for interacting with sophisticated clients.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems.
- Able to work flexible hours when requested.
- Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Business.
- Complete SEO Audit/Strategy reports by assigned due dates.
- Diligently ensure approval before posting any content.
- Constantly research, test and improve our SEO processes.
- Monitor and maintain projects in accord with clients' agreements.
- Coordinate efforts of the client and 9thCO team to ensure that projects are implemented according to the specifications, timeline and budget agreed upon with the client.
- Prepare and review monthly SEO and SEM campaign reports for clients.
- Collect performance stats pertaining to clients’ websites and SEO/SEM campaigns.
- Conduct monthly status calls with client to discuss performance of Internet Marketing campaigns and the team's recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor clients' SEO rankings and SEM campaign spend on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of website specifications from client to team.
- Contribute to updates, testing and QA on clients’ websites.
- Other related duties.
- Sense of humor
- Good work ethic
- Flexible and determined
- Attention to detail
- Takes ownership
Think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch!
How to Apply:
Please Email hr@9thCO.com with your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
9thCO is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.